DePeyster house. The later relocated Chrystie House was built by Abraham Depeyster Jr, possibly around 1756, before he rebuilt the DePeyster Mansion in Manhattan. The DePeyster Mansion became Governor George Clinton’s Mansion after British retreated from New York in 1783. Many related evidence indicated that between April and June 1782, the newly wedded Alexander Hamilton and Elizabeth Schuyler stayed in the DePeytster house owned byJacobus DePeyster who inherited the Abraham DePeyster estate. He was a cousin of Philip Schuyler, Elizabeth Schuyler’s father, who was an influential figure in the Continental Congress and an Army general. Philip Schuyler was a supporter and mentor for Hamilton in this period, he monitored the negotiation between Hamilton and George Washington regarding Hamilton’s request to be a field command. As the main building of a country home complex, the House was built on a prime vista point, enjoyed three sides of the river view, one side of mountain view. The location went down 60 feet by the excavation done by Denning's Point Brick Work in 1927. Like "DePeyster's Point," the term "DePeyster House" disappeared from history books because the DePeyster family had become Loyalists during Revolutionary War.